Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Image on the form for splash screen (win xp pro and oracle forms 10g)
Image on the form for splash screen [message #433896] Fri, 04 December 2009 22:18 Go to next message
santan
Hi there,

How can I replace an existing image with a new one on my splash screen. Here's what I mean by this:

I have a form which already has a splash screen logo. This logo will be replaced with a new one. The existing logo is attached as an image in the form of a .tiff file. There are no triggers on the form excepting a "when new form instance" which just says "SET_WINDOW_PROPERTY(FORMS_MDI_WINDOW,TITLE,'ABC').

How can I ensure that the old logo is replaced with a new one.

Here's what I did to replace, i.e my trouble shooting steps:

a)opened the form and deleted the existing splash screen/.tif file
b)went into the layout editor and clicked on "EDIT-> IMPORT" and mapped it to the .tif file that's persent in the local directory. As soon as I click OK, I get the following message :

FORMS-VGS-507- Cannot open file or file not in specified format.

Could any one help me out with this problem or can any one give me a better solution.

BTW- another trouble shooting step was that I discarded the original and the one to be replaced .tif file. After this I imported another .tif file , so as to eliminate/narrow down the issue. The other .tif file when imported, attached itself perfectly fine, except that it was too large. (Any idea how to crop the size). Sorry, I am new to Oracle forms10g and my area of work is pl/sql,sql,crystal reports and VB.

Thanks in advance
Re: Image on the form for splash screen [message #437516 is a reply to message #433896] Mon, 04 January 2010 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you solved your problem?

David
Re: Image on the form for splash screen [message #437728 is a reply to message #437516] Tue, 05 January 2010 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
santan
Yes, it's been sorted out. You could close the case/ticket.
Re: Image on the form for splash screen [message #518806 is a reply to message #437728] Sun, 07 August 2011 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lacchhii

Hi santan,

I also face the same problem while i import the jpg file. could you pl tell me how the problem was solved. I did try using tiff file also. it still gives me VGS-507- Cannot open file or file not in specified format. error.

thanks in advance
Re: Image on the form for splash screen [message #675334 is a reply to message #433896] Fri, 22 March 2019 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kilimanjaro
Im facing same problem.How did you solved yours?
Re: Image on the form for splash screen [message #675336 is a reply to message #675334] Fri, 22 March 2019 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Santan hasn't visited this forum since 2010 so I wouldn't get my hopes up on getting a response from them.

If you post details of what you are trying to do, have done so far, and what repsonse you got, others may be able to help.
Re: Image on the form for splash screen [message #675365 is a reply to message #675336] Sat, 23 March 2019 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kilimanjaro
Im trying to import an image to my runtime form layout As a logo.I have changed it to all kind of image formats still doesnt work.
Thanks.
Re: Image on the form for splash screen [message #676772 is a reply to message #437516] Mon, 15 July 2019 04:24 Go to previous message
zaids_siyal
how can i import image wiating for your reply
Previous Topic: how to import dmp file from forms
Next Topic: Lov for Multiple items
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:54:13 CDT 2024