Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » ASM, RMAN, Veritas Cluster, Data Guard
ASM, RMAN, Veritas Cluster, Data Guard [message #452382] Wed, 21 April 2010 14:38 Go to next message
sunvinmon
Hello all,
I would like to start off with these topics. Where can i get these documents ?

I don't wanna learn or read bunch of chapters to learn this. Anythng that is straigh to the point would be great! ie the information I need.

Or if someone could give me a brief overview.

Thanks,
Vinay
Re: ASM, RMAN, Veritas Cluster, Data Guard [message #452383 is a reply to message #452382] Wed, 21 April 2010 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
http://tahiti.oracle.com

>I don't wanna learn or read bunch of chapters to learn this.
Then use MS ACCESS
Re: ASM, RMAN, Veritas Cluster, Data Guard [message #452404 is a reply to message #452383] Wed, 21 April 2010 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunvinmon
Thanks dude, I am actually looking for an overview of all the above topics as i wanted to get the jargon of it initially but i realize that i need to have some patience and read what i am intending to learn. Smile

Could you please help me.. I have installed oracle 11g on my machine and for some reason i do not have the administrative tools installed and not able to access the isql plus too on the browser and i dont have the OEM too.

I hv installed oracle database in the past 9i,10g and never got into this problem but for the first time i have installed the 11g and facing this.

Anyway to navigate this problem... troubleshoot before i uninstall the DB and re-install the 10g version

Vinay
Re: ASM, RMAN, Veritas Cluster, Data Guard [message #452405 is a reply to message #452404] Wed, 21 April 2010 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>I am actually looking for an overview of all the above topics as i wanted to get the jargon of it initially

When all else fails, Read The Fine Manual.
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14220/toc.htm

> I have installed oracle 11g on my machine and for some reason i do not have the administrative tools installed and not able to access the isql plus too on the browser and i dont have the OEM too.

isql does not exist for V11.

We don't know what you have.
We don't know what you do.
We don't know what you see.
It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Re: ASM, RMAN, Veritas Cluster, Data Guard [message #452406 is a reply to message #452405] Wed, 21 April 2010 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunvinmon
I went through the guidelines you have suggested me to. Thank You! Eventually i will get used to the guidelines for sure.

Could you please answer this question.
Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), can you install this on our machine explicitly if i don't get along with the database installation. If you could navigate.

Vinay
Re: ASM, RMAN, Veritas Cluster, Data Guard [message #452407 is a reply to message #452406] Wed, 21 April 2010 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), can you install this on our machine explicitly if i don't get along with the database installation. If you could navigate.

OEM is installed, by default, since V10.1
OEM is NOT required to start, manage, or run Oracle RDBMS.

Eventually we might be able to provide specific answers after you follow Posting Guidelines.
Re: ASM, RMAN, Veritas Cluster, Data Guard [message #453037 is a reply to message #452382] Mon, 26 April 2010 15:44 Go to previous message
sonumalhi
You can install OEM using emca.
run this on command prompt and pass the parameters.
emca -config dbconrol db -repos create
Previous Topic: Help on creating user & schema
Next Topic: Database startup Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 10:57:17 CDT 2024